Monday 12 March 2012

Fiestasol in Tarifa! Meet our new wedding planner Tara Chapman



I grew up in Southern Spain, so I´m fluent in both Spanish and English language and culture. I started working in the family tv production company in the art department before going off to Saint Martins College of Art in London to study Set Design. This persuaded me I would rather be in control of the whole production and started the long climb up the work ladder working for two of the best production companies in Europe before moving back to Spain in 2001 to take over the family business.  Some of the productions we did included Pepsi campaigns with personalities such as Beckham and Ronaldo, with crews of 150 people to coordinate.
This all changed when I decided to start a family, my parents were living in Tarifa so I took a break from the rat race and moved. In Tarifa I kept the company going for photography shoots however decided to look around for something more local. I then started working with a friend in Gibraltar organizing events which then lead to weddings in Tarifa. I´ve planned weddings large and small in the area, which is not just limited to Tarifa since there are beautiful cortijos all over this corner of Spain. I like to take experiences learnt from my design days and the organisational skills needed to run film shoots, combined with the softer side that motherhood brings and put it all into practise organising the big day for my clients. I consider myself more Spanish than English however hopefully am far quicker than the average Andaluz!

No comments: